We are a reconciling congregation and choose to associate ourselves with the Reconciling Ministries Network. That means that wherever you are in your spiritual journey, whatever your age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, economic status, education, physical or mental ability, family structure, or religious background, you are welcome here.
Please send your application to Pastor Mike Kerr-Osman at [email protected].
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
FACILITIES MAINTENANCE COORDINATOR
Catalina United Methodist Church announces a maintenance management opportunity for a motivated, congenial, skilled person. This job entails management of all operational aspects of the maintenance of the church’s buildings and property–including supervising external contractors to ensure operational excellence. Knowledge of multiple systems is essential: electrical, refrigeration, cooling, heating, plumbing, and irrigation. This person will also be responsible for minor maintenance and preventative maintenance.
Use contact email to request application form
40 hours per week. Salary DOE $15-16.60/hr. Minimum of 1-2 years direct experience or equivalent.
Pension and health insurance available.
Starting date: December 18, 2023
– Coordinate and oversee the day-to-day operations of facility maintenance and repairs
– Manage and prioritize work ensuring timely completion of tasks
– Conduct regular inspections to identify maintenance needs and address them promptly
– Collaborate with vendors and contractors to schedule and supervise repairs and installations
– Develop and implement preventive maintenance programs to minimize downtime and extend the lifespan of equipment
– Maintain accurate records of maintenance activities, including work performed, materials used, and costs incurred
– Monitor inventory levels of maintenance supplies and equipment, and coordinate procurement as needed
– Ensure compliance with safety regulations and maintain a safe working environment for all staff
– Strong project management skills to effectively plan, organize, and execute facility maintenance projects
– Leadership abilities to coordinate with external contractors
– Proficiency in industrial maintenance practices, including troubleshooting and repair of mechanical equipment
– Solid understanding of electrical systems, including wiring diagrams, circuitry, and power distribution
– Mechanical knowledge to diagnose and resolve issues with HVAC systems, plumbing fixtures, and other mechanical components
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of duties or skills required for the position. The Facility Coordinator may be assigned additional responsibilities based on the needs of the organization.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $16.50 per hour
Expected hours: 40 per week
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- 1 year
- 2 years
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Work Location: In person